We are currently facing a global health crisis, the coronavirus or COVID-19.
You can reduce your chances of being infected or spreading the disease by following these simple precautionary measures:
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or use alcohol in case soap and water is not immediately available.
- Maintain at least 1-meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or the crook of your elbow when you cough or sneeze. Make sure you also dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and follow the directions of your local health authority.
- Keep up to date on the latest COVID-19 hotspots (cities or local areas where COVID-19 is spreading widely). Avoid travelling to those areas, most especially if you are an older person or have underlying health problems like diabetes, heart or lung disease.
It’s also important to stay aware of the latest information about the COVID-19 outbreak. The situation is unpredictable so make sure to regularly check the latest news.