After a long and tiring day at work, we have the tendency to sleep immediately once we see our beds. This may lead to skipping a quick bath, which also means cleaning your lady part as thoroughly as possible.
Such actions will eventually have consequences and it can cause one’s vagina to develop a smell, or it may also lead to serious problems – namely yeast infection and UTI.
Here’s a list of what you should NOT do to your precious lady part.
- Leaving your sanitary products on for too long
- Regardless of your flow, NEVER leave your pad on for too long. Change your pad every four (4) hours so that your vagina will be fresh the whole day!
- Wiping TOO hard
- It’s very important to wipe after a trip to the ladies’ bathroom! However, you don't have to wipe it too hard. Your vagina is a very special part of your body, so remember to treat it with care.
- Using rough tissue paper
- Using rough tissues might be too harsh for your precious lady part. Using soft tissues or feminine wipes is highly recommended.
- Not visiting your OB-GYNE regularly
- OB-GYNE is a doctor who specializes in a woman’s reproductive health. Meet with your OB-GYNE at least once a year to make sure that everything’s okay with your lady part. It is recommended that you have regular check-ups when you hit the age of 25 or when you start becoming sexually active.
- This is the practice of washing or flushing the vagina with water or other fluids. This can upset the natural balance of bacteria in the vagina, which can cause yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis.
- Using harsh products when washing
- Regular soap contains chemicals and fragrances that can upset the vagina’s PH fluids. Always use products that are formulated and labelled as friendly for your sensitive area.
Reference: Summit Storylabs. (2018, April 11). 6 Feminine Hygiene Mistakes you might be doing in your 20’s. Retrieved From: https://www.cosmo.ph/health/6-feminine-hygiene-mistakes-you-might-be-doing-in-your-20s-adv-con?ref=home_feed_1.