When we hear the word “carbs”, we usually associate it with “gaining weight”. But, did you know that carbs are vital for it provides our body the energy it needs to survive the day?
To people who are dedicated to lose weight, they have the tendency to cut carbs on their diet plan. However, are you aware of what could happen to your body if you give up carbs? Listed below are some of the changes you will notice to your body if you decided to bid goodbye to carbs:
- You will lose weight
- Reducing your intake of calorie-dense carbs automatically reduces the amount of calories you’re consuming on a daily basis and most of it will come down to water weight.
- You will feel less hungry
- If you cut out refined carbs and replace them with healthy and nutrient filled foods, you will eat less and feel full for longer.
- It will decrease one’s diabetes risks
- Simple carbs are made up of simple sugars. Once you reduce your intake of refined carbohydrates, this will lessen the chances of the person to develop diabetes.
- You might experience hair loss
- It might sound scary but the hair loss will only be temporary. Hair loss is a completely normal side effect when a person undergoes dietary changes.
- You feel more energized
- Not all carbs are bad! Your body naturally needs carbohydrates to function properly. Do take not that carbs are important for one’s brain and muscle function. A tip of advice, you may switch your diet from simple carbs to nutrient filled ones to ensure your body’s steady flow of energy.
Reference: Harvey-Jenner, C. (April 08, 2018). 10 Things That Can Happen To Your Body When You Give Up Carbs. Retrieved from https://www.cosmo.ph/health/health-report/effects-carbs-body-diet-src-intl-a391-20180409-lfrm?ref=feed_1.