‘Tis the season to be jolly and festive! However, it is also the season wherein packing on pounds is possible. Prevent it while you still can by following these 9 simple strategies to prevent holiday weight gain.
- Start your day with a simple exercise routine – Women who work out in the morning tend to move more the rest of the day. Also, they will highly respond less to pictures of tempting food which results to fewer cravings for high-fat fare.
- Be picky with what you eat – Look around and explore the buffet table before placing it on your plate. It is better to pick the food you really want to eat and have it in moderation.
- You can say NO – Having self-control is the key. Resist any of the temptation the table offers!
- Drink peppermint tea – Research shows that drinking peppermint tea can ease the stomach muscles that cause bloating. If you’re not a fan of peppermint tea, you can definitely try chamomile tea.
- Cut back on diet soda – Bubbly beverage can lead to belly bloat which eventually leads to gas.
- Be friends with the weighing scale – Through this, you can easily stay on track on your weight. But remember that you should weigh first thing in the morning when your stomach is empty.
- Concentrate your workouts – Do invest on 15 minute workouts instead of banking on 1 hour workouts.
- Eat dessert! – Do not say no to desserts however you must practice the three-bite rule.
- Chew slowly – When you eat fast, you will definitely expand your waistline. This is because of the more air a person swallows, the more bloated you’ll get.
By following these simple tips, you can surely prevent possible weight gain this holiday season!
Reference: Shaffer, A. 15 Ways to Avoid Holiday Weight Gain. Health. Retrieved from http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20646043,00.html/view-all.