Using ice to cure your burn is probably not a good idea for it can restrict blood flow to the skin and further damage the tissues. It’s better to place the burned area under cold running water for at least 20 minutes to help the injury from spreading. Listed below are home remedies which can help you to cure burns.
- Aloe Vera
- Apply aloe vera gel directly to the burns to stop pain and inflammation. In addition, aloe vera can reduce swelling and stimulate skin growth and repair.
- Mint Toothpaste
- Mint-flavored toothpaste can relieve a minor burn. First, run the affected area under cold water, then let it dry with a paper towel so you can apply the toothpaste over the burn.
- Vanilla extract will help to cool the burn and it will ease the pain. Just simply use a cotton to gently press vanilla onto the burned skin.
- Vinegar can also help to relieve pain, itching, and inflammation of a burn. It will help your burn from becoming infected because it is both an antiseptic and astringent.
- Honey is considered as a natural antibiotic. It will kill any existing bacteria or infection remaining on the skin. Also, honey will cool your burn, ease the pain, and help the skin to heal.
- Milk contains fat and protein which comforts burn and promotes healing. For fast relief, soak the infected area in milk for 15 minutes.
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil contains fatty acids that are anti-fungal and anti-bacterial which will surely help keep your burn from becoming infected. If a scald has left unpleasant mark on your skin, adding lemon juice to the coconut oil will heal and help lighten the scar.
- Raw Potato
- Just simply cut a slice of raw potato and rub it on the affected area. It can cure minor skin burns due to its anti-irritating and soothing properties.
Do take note that you still have to seek the help of a medical professional especially when your burns are deep and life threatening.
References: Top 10 Home Remedies. Home Remedies for Minor Burns. Retrieved from http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-minor-burns.html. ; Shea, T. Home Remedies for Burns: 11 Surprising Treatments to Soothe and Heal. Book Kitchen Cabinet Cures. Retrieved from http://www.rd.com/health/conditions/home-remedies-for-burns/.