Soybeans had been identified as one of the healthiest food in the world and mostly on East Asia. Because of its health benefits, many people have been finding ways to add soya to their daily diet. Soybeans can be processed into milk, tofu, soy pudding (taho), and soy sauce. Now, let’s break down the health benefits soybeans can give you.
- Soybeans contain antioxidants that can help reduce the visible signs of aging, dark spots, wrinkles, and fine lines. In addition, because of the phytoestrogens that soybeans have, it produce more estrogen on our body to maintain the elasticity of the skin.
- Ideal weight
- The amount of protein and fiber that soybeans provide works in both losing and gaining weight. Soy based products have been linked with appetite suppression that can help eradicate overeating. In addition to that, it produce healthy fats that protect our body from serious diseases like diabetes.
- Healthy heart
- Because soybeans produce unsaturated fat, it helps lower cholesterol and prevent conditions like atherosclerosis that can lead to heart attacks and strokes. Other than that, the fatty acids found in soybeans help to regulate the muscles of the body and blood pressure.
- Bone health
- Soybeans are a high source of vitamin and mineral as well as calcium, magnesium and zinc that our bones need. It allow the new bones to develop as well as speed up the healing process. Consuming soybeans can prevent bone problems like osteoporosis.
- Improve sleep
- The high content of magnesium and adequate level of calcium in soybeans improve the quality, duration, and peacefulness of sleep. Soybeans also help regulate the metabolism to diminish sleep disorders and insomnia.
Reference: Organic Facts. 13 Amazing Benefits of Soybeans. Retrieved from https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/cereal/soybeans.html.